I would like to thank one of my favorite bloggers, Gracie’s Quest @ http://lifesearchforchrist.wordpress.com , for nominating me for the Illuminating Blogger Award. Gracie helps me to really think about the Scriptures she writes about. I follow her blog like many follow ” The Daily Bread”. Her love for the Lord and His Word shine forth in every post!
Here are the rules:
1) Add a picture of the reward to your blog post.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated you & include a link to their blog.
3) Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and inform them of their nomination.
4) Say 7 interesting things about yourself.
When I first started blogging, this spring; I wondered what the awards were all about- that I saw on other people’s blogs. I understand it now. It is an awesome way to give a compliment to others and to tell each other about other blogs they may want to check out. I will be listing 5 nominations below because they inspire me and I respect how they write. Please feel no obligation to pursue the award; although it would be great for everyone to be able to check into the blogs you may nominate…
1) Again, I nominate Freedlife @ http://freedlife.wordpress.com ~ This is my husband’s blog. He is not verbose like me but his words pack a punch and often a chuckle. He takes beautiful photos.
2) Meanwhile, Melody Muses… @ http://melodylowes.com gives me my daily dose of beauty through her lovely pictures and poems. Read her poems carefully because they are very rich in meaning… and I wouldn’t want you to miss any. Sometimes she makes me laugh and at other times I am caused to examine my own heart.
3) livingingraceland @ http://livingingraceland.wordpress.com It takes courage to admit you need help. Once you reach that point then you need grace. I love people who help others take back their lives and I admire people who really do practice grace as this lady does. The name of this blog says it all.
4) R is for Recovery (and Rebekah) @ http://risforrecovery.wordpress.com A must follow if you know someone who has eating disorders. This young lady points readers to the truth.
5) A Daisy Garden @ http://adaisygarden.com is the latest blog I started following. It is inspirational with lovely photos and a warm down home atmosphere. It makes me feel cozy. Plus she has a good sense of humor!
Now for 7 “interesting” facts about yours truly…this is the hard part!
1) I’ve shaken hands with one of our former Prime Ministers ( Joe Clark).
2) I shared the plan of salvation with a patient I was escorting because I thought our small plane was going to crash… rough flight!
3) When my husband and I were fishing for coho salmon 25 years ago we timed each other when sharing the rod when one broke. We caught our limit that day. Awesome!
4) I was assistant director of a play, once, and I lost so much weight over the stress of it all that my son asked why my pants were baggy?
5) A friend’s dog was in labor and her last puppy completely stopped half way out and so I assisted and the dog seemed really grateful…my firstborn got stuck too. ( Have you ever heard of the cork screw maneuver? It worked!)
6) My grandma always saved her own vegetable seeds and I do too.
7) Beth Moore Bible Studies are one of my favorites… I just love that lady!