I would like to thank Tamara of http://mybotanicalgarden.wordpress.com for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Her blog was one of the first I started following and I always enjoy visiting it. I think you will too!
I would also like to thank Melody of Meanwhile, Melody Muses… http://melodylowes.com for not only nominating me – but letting me choose A thought-provoking Blog Award as my award! I think it is so cool. Melody’s blog is one I visit daily for both the thought-provoking poetry but also for the beauty she shares in the pictures. Her writing and photography skills are impressive to put it mildly…
Here are the award rules (slightly paraphrased):
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 7-12 other bloggers you admire and enjoy!
4. Share 7 things about yourself.
5. Inform each person that you have nominated them.
Here are some of my favorite blogs that I would like to nominate with no pressure to them to accept – but do accept my sincere compliments. You may accept both awards if you don’t already have them.
1. penny coho ….. http://www.thewhyaboutthis.com
2. Christina~….. http://www.reconstructingchristina.wordpress.com
3. Unshakable Hope….. http://unshakablehope.wordpress.com
4. amphomma….. http://amphomma.wordpress.com
5. Irene Tron – Joyful in Christ….. http://sweetnessfromheaven.com
6. Kitchen Keepers …..http://kitchenkeepers.wordpress.com
7. Gracie’s Quest….. http://lifesearchforchrist.wordpress.com
7 things about Wendy/me!
1. I am born again & the first miracle God did in me was to heal me of eating disorders!
2. My daughter plays the piano for me each night.
3. I have two cameras in case one dies on me!
4. My youngest son draws better than me now. We have been doing lessons for a few years, together, from a book.
5. My oldest son hikes a lot and is going to share some photos for me to blog about. I’ll credit the photos to him.
6. I am madly in love with my personal garden bench maker, computer support technician and weekend chef. He also happens to be my husband…
7. I love old-fashioned movies like Anne of Green Gables ( Of course – since I’m a Canadian gal! ).
Take care ~ Wendy
14 thoughts on “Thought Provoking and One Lovely Blog Awards”
Congratulations Wendy on your nominations, you certainly deserve them. I appreciate your thinking of me for “A thought provoking blog” Award, my friend, thank you so very much,Penny
If there was any award I’ve seen out there that would make me think of you … this one was it. Perhaps there is a lovely person award out there too… that would also work. I love your blog! ~ Wendy
Wendy you say the nicest things ever. I don’t know how to respond accept to say, I thank you my friend with very great sincerity and affection, special hugs to you for being so darn nice! xxxxx Penny 🙂
Hugs to you too! ~ Wendy
Cute dog! By the way, I love Anne of Green Gables. I use to watch the movies as a child on PBS. I wish they would show them on tv again. I don’t like the animated version they have no on tv. And you should upload a few of your drawings if you haven’t already. I love to draw as well. I love anything that has to do with the arts 🙂
Thanks on behalf of my pooch for the compliment. He was a Valentine’s Day gift from my husband, Ian.
I may end up posting some drawings one day. Great idea! My Mom is an artist and she has always encouraged this in me & our children.
Hugs ~ Wendy
Congratulations! Sounds like you have been blessed with a beautiful family.
Thank you. God is good and has been gracious to me. And when times are difficult – He is still good.
Wendy, congratulations!!! Thank you so so very much for thinking of me for this award…seriously such a cool award!! I am more than honored!! 😀
Christina, you are so welcome! Your poetry and the grace with which you have faced life’s challenges have really blessed me. You have a beautiful blog and family.
Oh Wendy, I cannot tell you how much that means to me. We’ve been barraged with “ugliness” for so very long…your words mean the world to me and just seriously make my soul smile!! Thank you so much for sharing your very sweet and appreciated praise!!
Hugs!! Christina ~
Congratulations Wendy! Well deserved. 🙂
Thank you. I think I need to share them with my husband since he helps me so much with our computers… Like right now I can’t remember how to use my watermark program he set up for me…
~ Wendy ( hopeless without hubby) 🙂